Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Explanation

Hello,

I will be adding information explaining the issues that involve my ancestors, my current family, and my own personal ideas about being a descendant of the Attuans of Alaska. There are current issues that wrong us and my ancestors on the island of Attu. The project will be ongoing and I encourage any input from others. There will be a document that I will include on a post soon that explains into depth about the Japanese Government and the United States Government and how both governments ignored the Attuans - illegally putting memorials on my people's land.

Helena A. Pagano

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    My father is Alfred Prokopeuff Jr. My minimal knowledge of Attu and the Japanese internment indicates that Alfred Prokopeuff Sr. (my grandfather) was close with your great grand father. I am searching for primary accounts of the Attuan experiences at Otaru, Japanese internment prison. I am working on an original thesis for my History degree at Carleton (MN) and the Japanese crimes against the Aleutians is a foundational part of my argument. I would VERY much like to be in touch with you about the story of your family and mine. My e-mail is browng@carleton.edu. I hope to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete